NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS, AGE 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "What Happened to You?" Book Sweepstakes ("Promotion") is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who at time of entry are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of majority in their state, whichever is older (collectively, "Participant(s)" or "you"). Employees, officers and directors of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC, on behalf of itself and Flatiron Books ("Sponsor"), ZoCo Productions, LLC ("ZoCo"), Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. ("Sony"), and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Promotions Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. By entering, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor.
2. TO ENTER: The Promotion begins at 9:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on April 29, 2021 and is open until 11:59 PM ET on May 2, 2021 ("Promotion Period"). To enter, Participant must go to https://www.doctoroz.com/oprah-book-sweepstakes-entry and follow the steps to complete and submit the Promotion entry form as directed. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. Internet access required to enter the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person who submits more than the maximum allowed entries or who Sponsor believes, in Sponsor's sole discretion, has attempted to game the sweepstakes using multiple email addresses or the like.
3. WINNERS SELECTION: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one hundred seventy five (175) winners who complete the online entry form during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The drawing will occur on or around May 10, 2021.
4. PRIZES: Each winner will receive one (1) copy of the book entitled "What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing" by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D. ("Prize"). Each Prize has an Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of $20.39. Limit one (1) Prize per person. Total ARV of all Prizes is $3,568.25. Winners will receive their prize notification and Prize within approximately 6-8 weeks after the end of the Promotion. Expenses not specified are winner's responsibility.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Winner(s) will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a winner, failure by winner to reply to the winners notice by the date specified by sponsor, or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries by random drawing. Prize winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize, except for any express manufacturer's warranty as may be included with the Prize. Winner bears all risk of loss or damage to his/her respective prize after it has been delivered.
6. TAXES: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS: By participating, Participants agree: (a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Promotion; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, (c) to permit Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and on its websites in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Promotions Entities, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (ii) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, or server malfunction which may occur in the processing of entries; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) late, lost, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or (v) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
9. OTHER ERRORS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion. Sponsor may proceed in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized website address of the Promotion. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE; WAIVER: PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN THE STATE OF THE SPONSOR AS LISTED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION BUT IN NO EVENT WILL PARTICIPANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED ARE HEREBY WAIVED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules, with jurisdiction and venue in County of State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules and all claims must be resolved in the courts of County of State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules.
11. DATA PRIVACY: Personal information collected from Participants during the Promotion is subject to Sponsor's privacy statement available at https://us.macmillan.com/privacy-notice, and except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, will be treated in accordance with the terms of that statement. Information collected from Participants in connection with this Promotion will be used by Sponsor for purposes of administration of the Promotion and the fulfillment and verification of prize awards. Sponsor may engage certain third-party companies and promotional partners to perform services in connection with the administration of this Promotion and information provided by Participants may be collected and used by those third parties for purposes of administration of the Promotion and the fulfillment and verification of prize awards.
12. WINNER LIST: To view the list of winners, please visit https://www.doctoroz.com/dr_oz_winners_list.
13. SPONSOR: Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC, 120 Broadway 22nd Fl, New York, NY 10271
Abbreviated Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access required. Promotion open until May 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET. Open to all legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia). Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Void where prohibited. Total ARV of all prizes is $3,568.25. See Official Rules at www.doctoroz.com/what-happened-to-you-book-sweepstakes-official-rules. Sponsor: Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC, 120 Broadway 22nd Fl, New York, NY 10271