6 white or brown mushrooms 1/2 onion, chopped into small pieces 1 tbsp olive oil 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, reserve 2 tbsp for topping 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 3 tbsp sliced basil, reserve some for topping 3 small wedges of reduced-fat cheese (like The Laughing Cow)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Gently hollow out the mushrooms and reserve the stems and the trimmings. Set mushrooms aside.
3. Chop the mushroom trimmings and mix with the chopped onions in a pan. Cook in the olive oil on medium heat for three minutes until onions are softened, stirring occasionally.
4. Add in the garlic, parmesan, walnuts, and cheese wedges and mix until well combined.
4. Divide the filling among the mushroom caps and arrange them on a small oiled baking sheet, filling side up.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.