Morris Chestnut's Carne Asada Tacos

These tacos are part of Morris Chestnut's fitness plan called "The Cut". This plan focuses on the 80/20 rule -- meaning you eat healthy 80% of the time and can indulge the other 20% of the time, which makes it more flexible and easier to follow. Get some protein into your day to keep you full and satisfied by whipping up these delicious tacos. 

Recipe from The Cut: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days and Sculpt Your Best Body, By: Morris Chestnut and Obi Obadike

Watch The Video

2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalapeño pepper, minced
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
grated zest and juice of 2 limes
8 oz skirt steak, sliced thinly
pinch of sea salt
8 small corn tortillas
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
2 radishes, sliced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped

1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, and coriander; cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 30 seconds. Add the lime zest, juice, and skirt steak, and stir until the meat is cooked through, about three to five minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt. 


2. Warm the tortillas briefly to soften, either in the microwave for 10 seconds, or by waving carefully over a stovetop burner for 10 to 20 seconds. Place the tortillas on a serving plate and top each with an equal amount of meat, cabbage, radish, and cilantro. Serve immediately with two cups of cooked broccoli.