When to watch:
WATCH OZ :
When to watch: Search local listings
FIND YOUR STATION
Hack your cupcakes with Greek yogurt to make a healthier and more delicious frosting. Plus, the carrot and sweet potatoes included in the cupcake batter mean you can have a treat and still lose weight.
Recipe from: Sneaky Blends, Supercharge Your Health with More Than 100 Recipes Using the Power of Purees
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Put the yogurt in a strainer lined with paper towels and allow to strain over a bowl for 30 minutes to thicken.
3. Mist a mini donut or mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the oil, sugar, egg, milk, the carrot-sweet potato blend, one banana, and vanilla.
5. Stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one about three-quarters full.
6. Bake for 16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean; set aside to cool.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the ultra-strained yogurt with half a banana and honey. Spread one teaspoon of the frosting over each cupcake.