2 medium ripe bananas, sliced into small pieces 1 1/2 cup blueberries 1/4 cup agave or honey 1 cup uncooked quick oats 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 tsp baking powder 3/4 tsp cinnamon pinch of salt 1 cup unsweetened almond milk 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly spray an 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the ceramic dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the honey and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of the nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt; stir together.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
5. Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries. Pour the almond milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the the top. Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, and serve warm.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.