The easy way to stay System 20-approved for lunch and dinner.
Everything about System 20 is designed to be as simple as possible. Even the rhyme, “greens, beans, and proteins," makes it easy to remember how to build your lunches and dinners. That's because System 20 isn't a diet; it's a total lifestyle overhaul, designed to make eating healthier, working out more, and taking care of your mental health second nature to you. How to make green, bean, and protein bowls is super easy when you pull from this list.
RELATED: Subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter for wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show.
Following these 20 steps will round out your System 20 goals, and help lower your health risks (diabetes, heart disease, and cholesterol) by 20%.
- Wake up at the same time every day
- Start your morning with a two-minute meditation and stretch
- Do a fasted cardio routine
- Add MCT Oil to your morning coffee
How to Eat:
- Intermittent fast from 7pm-11am every day
- Skip breakfast; break your fast at 11am
- Beans, greens, and protein at brunch and dinner (½ cup of beans; 1 cup greens, 1 palm protein)
- Add 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar to lunch or dinner
- No added sugars
- Snack on low-carb snacks
- Eat frozen blueberries for dessert
- Take one day off per week
Sleep, Destress, and Connect:
- No caffeine after 3 pm
- Replace one text conversation with a phone call once per week
- Put your phone down 1 hour before bed
- Work up to planking for 1 full minute
- <35-inch waist circumference
- <120/80 blood pressure
- <100 fasting glucose
- <100 LDL cholesterol
- Lower your RealAge by two years
The greens work as a base of your meal, the beans work as healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied longer, and the protein is there to help you burn fat while increasing your strength. On System 20, you don't start eating until 11am, when you break your fast. Add 1/2 a cup of beans, 1 full cup of greens, and 1 palm-sized protein (choose from the list) to create simple and delicious meals for lunch and dinner.
For intermittent fasting purposes, Dr. Oz recommends eating your largest meal of the day at lunch and have a lighter dinner so your body will begin burning fat as quickly as possible during your fasting period. There's a lot of components to System 20, but once you get into the groove of it, you'll begin to notice real changes.