Dr. Mark Hyman reveals the secrets to making this 10-day weight loss plan a success.
What if I told you that you could change your life in JUST 10 Days? That I could teach you how to reset your metabolism, break free from your cravings, and lose weight?
You’d probably be skeptical — most people, including doctors, don’t think you can create radical health transformation in a few days, but I do. And that’s because I see it every day and have seen it for the past 20 years with over 10,000 patients.
And that’s exactly why I created the 10-Day Detox Diet — I wanted to teach you how easy, fast, and delicious it can be to lose weight and create health. Just follow this proven program, and in 10 days not only can you lose up to 10 pounds, but you may also turn the tide on chronic health problems including type 2 diabetes, asthma, joint pain, digestive problems, autoimmune disease, headaches, brain fog, allergies, acne, eczema, and even sexual dysfunction.
How is that possible? Because what makes you sick can make you fat, and what makes you fat can make you sick. It’s all connected. You know when your computer freezes up? What do you do? You reboot. Well, the 10-Day Detox can do the same thing for your metabolism — by following my diet and lifestyle practices, we can reset your metabolism to factory settings. You can lose weight without going hungry, and possibly even clear up a whole list of health symptoms. And all it takes is 10 days.
Let’s get started!
Step One: Take Measure of Yourself
Take the following measurements the day before you start and when you finish the program and record them in a Detox Journal (use a notebook, buy a beautiful journal or record on your computer):
- Your weight. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning without clothes and after going to the bathroom.
- Your waist size. Using a tape measure, find the widest point around your belly button, not where your belt is.
- Take the Toxicity Quiz. This tells you if you have FLC Syndrome (where you “Feel Like Crap”). If you do the quiz before starting and then again after completion of the plan, you should see a difference. Take the quiz now.
Step Two: Out With the Bad
To start your detox, get rid of all the junky food lurking in your cabinets and fridge. Anything containing the following toxic ingredients should be tossed or set aside because you wont be eating anything processed over the next 10 days. Toss everything or keep out of sight:
- Anything that is not real food (e.g. anything made in a factory that comes in a can, box or package) unless it is a canned whole food such as sardines or artichokes with only a few real ingredients such as water or salt
- Any food or drink that contains added sugar (including honey, molasses, agave, maple syrup, organic cane juice or artificial sweeteners), especially any sugar-sweetened beverages or fruit juices
- Anything that contains hydrogenated oils and refined vegetable oils (like corn or soybean oil)
- Any foods with artificial sweeteners, preservatives, additives, coloring, or dyes – basically anything that has a label or is processed in any way
- Anything sugar or flour based (cookies, cakes, candies, etc.)
- Grains (rice, oats, quinoa) and all foods made from flours (crackers, pasta, bread, pretzels, etc.)
- Starches (sweet potato, potato, squash, parsnip, beets, etc.)
- Beans and legumes (chickpeas, lentils, peanuts, kidney beans, etc.)
- Dairy (yogurt, sour cream, cheese, milk, etc.)
- Coffee and anything caffeinated (tea, soft drinks, lattes, etc.)
- Alcohol (wine, beer, spirits, etc.)
Step Three: In With The Good
For 10 wonderful days you are going to flood your body with the nutrients it depends on to feel and look its best! Get the meal plan one-sheet here.
Step Four: Add Simple Lifestyle Practices (for best results)
- Sleep 7-8 hours a night
- Do deep breathing for five minutes a day
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
- Do 15 minutes of journaling daily (use the questions from the book for each day)
- Walk or do another physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day
- Take fiber before every meal to cut cravings and help balance blood sugar
- Take a good multivitamin, 2000 U of vitamin D3, and 2 grams of fish oil a day
- Take the UltraDetox Bath: 2 cups of Epsom salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 10 drops of lavender oil