Want to Improve Your Health in the New Year?

Do you simply want to improve your health in the New Year? Do you love food or hate exercise and need to lose weight in 2011? Here are some quick tips for 2011.

Do you simply want to improve your health in the New Year? Do you love food or hate exercise and need to lose weight in 2011? Here are some quick tips for 2011.

10-Minute Rule: We all have 10 minutes to spare for our own well being throughout the day. And 10 minutes 3 times a day would be ideal! Ten minutes of walking around the block or chair squats or even lifting lightweights is healthier than 10 minutes of inactivity. Just get moving to burn calories and know you are worth the extra effort!

Walk & Take Stairs More: Opting to take stairs instead of the elevator is a good choice. It builds leg strength and cardio endurance, and it’s easy because stairs are everywhere. Park your car further away from your destination or get off the metro 1-2 stops early to increase walking time. Every additional minute of activity will get you closer to your goals!

Think 80/20: Building healthy habits starts with making healthy choices 80 percent of the time – choosing to take the stairs versus the elevator; making food choices based on both nutrition and taste, becoming aware of proper serving sizes and drinking water instead of soda. The remaining 20 percent of the time, allow for treats and take it easy. Make your health a priority.

Chair Squats: Using a chair in the office or at home, repeat unassisted standing up and sitting down in a controlled manner. This works the core, legs and balance. And your ability to perform this exercise can determine your quality of life as you age.

Defy Perfection: Fitness success is not defined by perfection. We all make mistakes, and falling off the fitness bandwagon is inevitable. But that doesn’t mean we’ve failed and can’t quickly resume a commitment to being healthy. The only failure is giving up entirely.

We all have weaknesses, Allow for treats when accomplishing goals, but regard calories as currency. It works for me, and it will work for YOU! Remember that you are creating an environment that makes living a healthy lifestyle easier.

It is never too late to improve your health and your future quality of life. Remember you only get 1 body in this life. Take responsibility for your health today, and use your power of choice to create a healthy and fit body to last a lifetime.

Is This the Key to Ultimate Hydration?

See how electrolytes work in your body.

Is This the Key to Ultimate Hydration?

Whether you're trying to stay hydrated for your workout routine or rehabilitation, recovery and hydration is so important to keeping your body performing like it should. So how do you make sure that happens? You need electrolytes — the minerals that give electrical power to your body. What the video below to see how they get to work inside your body and how you seamlessly add them to your day.

Presented by USANA.