Meet Dr. Aubert! Want to see more of America's most eligible doctors? Browse our gallery.
Full name: Howard A. Aubert
Hometown: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Place of Practice: Nashville, TN
Why did you want to become a doctor?
There had never been a physician in our family, or even a male college graduate. During high school, I went to the National Health Leadership Forum on Medicine in 1995 and left with an understanding of the hard work and discipline it takes to become a physician, but also the understanding that people can feel better after seeing you. I knew that's what I wanted to do.
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
I try to make sure I am current with the most up-to-date and less-invasive technology in order to provide my patients with a better experience. I also try to provide my patients with the best ease of access possible by incorporating mobile technology and social media into the practice.
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Never stop having sex (safely of course). It strengthens and maintains relationships. You are never too old for it.
- Never wait to urinate. A healthy bladder is a happy bladder. Waiting can lead to poor bladder function over time.
- If you notice something odd or unusual on your body, get it checked out soon. If it's nothing, then no big deal, but everything is easier to fix when the problem is caught early.
- Guys, get your testosterone levels checked. Make sure it's a morning lab draw as the levels fluctuate throughout the day. Also, all guys with low testosterone should not be treated the same. Young men and mature guys are very different and need to be treated differently.
- Ladies, if you pee a little when you exercise, that's not a good reason not to workout. That can be addressed.