Chipotle Location in Ohio Shuttered Following Outbreak

More than 100 people reportedly fell ill after eating at one of the burrito chain’s restaurants.

More than 100 people have reported symptoms of food poisoning and diarrhea after eating at a Chipotle restaurant in Powell, Ohio, according to news reports.

Chipotle temporarily closed the Powell store. “We acted quickly and closed this single restaurant out of an abundance of caution yesterday,” the company’s chief communications officer, Laurie Schalow, told Reuters. “We are working with the local health department and we plan to reopen this restaurant today.”


No similar problems have been reported at other restaurant locations. The Delaware General Health District in Ohio is reportedly investigating the restaurant after receiving more than 100 calls about the issue.

The current problem in Ohio caused Chipotle's stock to fall by more than 8 percent. An E. coli outbreak that affected 22 people in 2015 caused the chain to close 43 restaurants in the Pacific Northwest. 

Related: 

7 Warning Signs You Might Have an E. Coli Infection

7 Common Symptoms of a Listeria Infection

How to Make Your Own Burrito Bowl 

3 Dos & Don'ts for Microwaving Popcorn

Microwave guru chef Matt Abdoo has his three tips for making the best, fluffiest and perfectly cooked popcorn.

Microwave popcorn is one of the best snacks! But sometimes it's difficult to get that perfect bowl. So microwave guru chef Matt Abdoo has his three tips for making the best, fluffiest and perfectly cooked popcorn.

DON'T USE THE POPCORN BUTTON

As tempting and easy as it may be, don't fall for the "Popcorn" button on your microwave. Not all microwaves are made the same, so they won't cook your bag the same way either. And there's no sensor to determine when the bag is ready, so it'll just keep cooking your popcorn until the set amount of time finishes.

Keep ReadingShow less